Length of a roll by diameter & thickness for films (see types below)
- Vinyl (rigid or semi-rigid), Polypropylene, Acrylic and more...
- Calendered or extruded
- Single ply or Multiple ply (sandwiched films)
- Solid or printed designs (surface printed or reverse printed)
This calculator determines the length of a roll of film when you know the diameter of the roll, the out-side diameter of the core and the film thickness.
Required input for length:
- Diameter of the roll of film
- Outside diameter of the core
- Thickness of the film
- Allows mixed entries between metric and imperial values converting the values as you enter
- Partial clearing of the calculator is supported - just re-enter the value to a earlier step
- Decimal point accuracy up to five places - default is 2 decimal places (1/100)
- Step 1: enter the diameter of the roll in millimeters or inches
- Step 2: enter the outside diameter of the core in millimeters or inches
- Step 3: enter the thickness of the film in microns or thousands of an inch (mil)
- Press the 'PLANit' button.
- The decimal places (located between the 'PLANit' & reset buttons) can be changed at any time. Note: The original values entered is not modified with the decimal change request.
- To clear the values just press the reset button to clear or re-enter a new value.
Disclaimer: These calculators serve only as a guide and therefore the results are not guaranteed. While every effort was made to make these calculators as accurate as possible, product tolerances and rounding errors can and do affect the calculations. Please consult the decorative surfacing manufacturer or supplier for actual values.
Please use the contact page for comments, questions or to request product information and recommendations.
Created and maintained by Robert J Knothe
Copyright © 1998-2010. All rights reserved.
Powered by autoNumeric ( ) plugin ©