Project calculations by area or weight
Saturating grade papers
There are many projects presented to you that you need to determine "quickly" what quantities need to be ordered or if you have sufficient inventory on hand to meet the requested deadlines. This calculator finds the weight raw paper needed based on the area of the project or finds the area of a roll of untreated saturating grade paper will cover.
- Grammage or basis weight
- Area of the project or weight of paper
- Allows mixed entries bewteen metric and imperial values converting the values as you enter
- Partial clearing of the calculator is supported - just re-enter the value to a eariler step
- Decimal point accuracy up to five places - default is 2 decimal places (1/100)
- Step 1: enter basis weight in (pounds or grams) in the appropriate field. Note: Grammage & basis weights are usually quoted on raw paper. On printed designs, pigments (ink) can add 3 to 10% to the basis weight depending on the design.
- Step 2: enter the area of the project in square meters or square feet or enter the weight of the roll in Kilo's or pounds
- Press the 'PLANit' button.
- The decimal places (located between the reset & 'PLANit' button) can be changed at any time. Note: The original values entered is not modified with the decimal change request.
- To clear the values just press the reset button to clear or re-enter a new value.
Disclaimer: These calculators serve only as a guide and therefore the results are not guaranteed. While every effort was made to make these calculators as accurate as possible, product tolerances and rounding errors can and do affect the calculations. Please consult the decorative surfacing manufacturer or supplier for actual values.
Please use the contact page for comments, questions or to request product information and recommendations.
Created and maintained by Robert J Knothe
Copyright © 1998-2010. All rights reserved.
Powered by autoNumeric ( ) plugin ©