Weight of a roll by width & length of the roll
Saturating Grade Papers
This calculator finds the weight of a roll of untreated saturating grade paper when you know the grammage or basis weight, width and the length of the roll.
- Grammage or basis weight
- Width of the paper in millimeters or inches
- Length of the paper in meters or feet
- Allows mixed entries bewteen metric and imperial values converting the values as you enter
- Partial clearing of the calculator is supported - just re-enter the value to a eariler step
- Decimal point accuracy up to five places - default is 2 decimal places (1/100)
- Step 1: enter basis weight in (pounds or grams) in the appropriate field. Note: Grammage & basis weights are usually quoted on raw paper. On printed designs, pigments (ink) can add 3 to 10% to the basis weight depending on the design.
- Step 2: enter the width of the paper in millimeters or inches
- Step 3: enter the length of the paper in linear meters or feet
- Press the 'PLANit' button.
- The decimal places (located between the reset & 'PLANit' button) can be changed at any time. Note: The original values entered is not modified with the decimal change request.
- To clear the values just press the reset button to clear or re-enter a new value.
Disclaimer: These calculators serve only as a guide and therefore the results are not guaranteed. While every effort was made to make these calculators as accurate as possible, product tolerances and rounding errors can and do affect the calculations. Please consult the decorative surfacing manufacturer or supplier for actual values.
Please use the contact page for comments, questions or to request product information and recommendations.
Created and maintained by Robert J Knothe
Copyright © 1998-2010. All rights reserved.
Powered by autoNumeric ( ) plugin ©