Project calculations by area or length for Topcoated Papers
Light Basis Weight Papers, Pre-Impregnated Decorative Foils & Finish Foils
There are many projects presented to you that you need to determine "quickly" what quantities need to be ordered or if you have sufficient inventory on hand to meet the requested deadlines. This calculator easily converts between area and length.
- Area to length factor - (square meters or square feet) per linear meter or the width of the paper in millimeters or inches
- Area or length of the project in square meters, square feet, linear meters or linear yards
- Allows mixed entries between metric and imperial values converting the values as you enter
- Multiple widths and custom widths possible
- Decimal point accuracy up to five places - default is 0 decimal places
- Step 1: choose the widths you would like to view. These widths are nominal and the actual values are in adjusted step 2. Please note: hidden width values are cleared and will NOT be calculated in the total.
- Step 2: enter the area to length factor or the width in the appropriate row. (Note: value has maximum of 3 decimal places) Disclaimer: the default values are only representative; you need to check with YOUR supplier for accurate values - there is NO industry standard. Also understand that your measurement results will vary dependent upon which width you base it on. Please examine the following options:
- Base paper width: width of the untrimmed paper. There are usually margins on both sides that are unprinted and uncoated.
- Design (usable) width: the width of the topcoat and if printed, the design width
- Trim width: paper trimmed to your specifications
- Cost width: this is the width of the paper you are charged for. Note: this may NOT be equal to base, design or trim widths.
- Step 3: enter the area or the length of the project in the appropriate column or row.
- Press the 'PLANit' button.
- The decimal places (located between the reset & 'PLANit' button) can be changed at any time. Note: The original values entered are not modified with the decimal change request.
- To clear the values just press the reset button to clear or enter a new value.
Disclaimer: These calculators serve only as a guide and therefore the results are not guaranteed. While every effort was made to make these calculators as accurate as possible, product tolerances and rounding errors can and do affect the calculations. Please consult the decorative surfacing manufacturer or supplier for actual values.
Please use the contact page for comments, questions or to request product information and recommendations.
Created and maintained by Robert J Knothe
Copyright © 1998-2010. All rights reserved.
Powered by autoNumeric ( ) plugin ©