Grammage & Basis Weight Conversions
Saturating Grade Papers
Grammage & Basis weight is the mass (weight) of paper for a given area. The decorative surfaces industry uses the following units of measure:
- Grammage = grams per square meter (grams / m2 - square meter)
- Basis Weight = pounds per 3,000 square feet (pounds / 3,000 ft2 - square feet)
- One of the following: Grammage, basis weight, square meters per kilo or square feet per pound
- Converts between Grammage and basis weights and calculates the coverage per kilo and pound
- Calculates the grammage and basis weights from the area that a pound or kilogram covers
- Decimal point accuracy up to five places - default is 2 decimal places (1/100)
- Step 1: Enter basis weight in (pounds or grams) or coverage in (square feet or square meters) in the appropriate field. Note: Grammage & basis weights are usually quoted on raw paper. On printed designs, pigments (ink) can add 3 to 10% to the basis weight depending on the design.
- Press the 'PLANit' button.
- The decimal places (located between the reset & 'PLANit' button) can be changed at any time. Note: The original value entered is not modified with the decimal change request.
- To clear the values just press the reset button to clear or re-enter a new value.
Disclaimer: These calculators serve only as a guide and therefore the results are not guaranteed. While every effort was made to make these calculators as accurate as possible, product tolerances and rounding errors can and do affect the calculations. Please consult the decorative surfacing manufacturer or supplier for actual values.
Please use the contact page for comments, questions or to request product information and recommendations.
Created and maintained by Robert J Knothe
Copyright © 1998-2010. All rights reserved.
Powered by autoNumeric ( ) plugin ©